All times are UTC - 4 hours

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: The Draft - Modern Time War Time Mod of StarCraft
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:36 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

Welcome to The Draft

Welcome
Welcome to The Draft soldier. In this game, you control one man, one hero of the war, one game-changer...

Storyline
The Asian battleground was peaceful up until 2015. September 28th 2015... European Russia launches Missile Testing near the grounds of the Chinese Empire. Suddenly, there was action... Japanese fighters were sent out to attack Russia as China braced for a large fight... What was going on? Nobody really knows... Russia called to the United States who had finally pulled out of Iraq in 2011 under control of President Riley Jackson. The United States quickly responded, sending soldiers to European Russia immediately. Although Russia could've fended off, America's help was greatly appreciated.
2 weeks later, Japanese presence was abolished from Russia and all was calm. Negotiations with China and Japan commenced when all of the sudden... America's alarms sounded, Korea sent missile flying to America... America was unprepared, 3 warheads coming, and no time to disarm. Canada was to act... Canada had been watching over America for a while since they were weak to attacks, they had anti-missile ready and shot all 3 warheads down.
That was it, the American population was furious, they demanded that President Jackson take drastic measures. Russia, Canada, and America all joined the "Pact of Greater Alliance" a anti-communistic attack force. Russia was deployed to Japan, Canada to Korea, and America to China. The battle continues...

Profiling

Private Jonathon Whitely - United States Marine Corps - Deployed to China October 2nd 2015.

Corporal Nikolai Polansky - Russian Attack Force - Deployed to Japan October 16th 2015

Private First Class Pierre Ladapoopoocacaface - Canadian Strike Team - Volunteered to fight in Korea October 1st 2015

Biographies

Whitely - Always settled things with violence, as a child when another youth pulled his hair or pinched him he returned the favor tenfold. Suspended from school 6 times and expelled 2 he was a force to be reckoned with. Now he has taken a liking to guns and other things that go fast and make things bleed. As a marine he was unable to rise in ranks because of his anger, although never really resorting to killing another Marine, he's come close, injuring one to the point where he was sent back to America, he was an angry wave of pain that came crashing down on anything in its way.

Polansky - A silent force... As a child when people needed things done, he was the one to do it. A mastermind of disguise and stealth, he once snuck in the school and burned it down without anyone suspecting him. Although in the attack force if he's in an open area, he snipes. If you're one of the unfortunate to find him, you're stabbed immediately with his knife he calls Ol' Faithful. He is good with demolitions and sneaking around. He loves to snipe and loves to fight.

[Undecided Canadian Name] - The leader, although he's a private, he's a natural leader. His intellect is only matched by that of Steven Hawking. Cunning and swift, he gets the job done in the most effective and effecient way. When in a jam, even the generals look to him for answers, which he always delivers. What he lacks in trigger finger he more than makes up for in well-aimed and accurate shots. He volunteered to the army to help out the "Alliance" because their cause was right, and his thirst for the secrets of the Asian siegers had to be quenched, even if it meant people needed to die...

Weaponry

Sniper Rifles
M21 Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle
Accur: ||| Dmg: || Fire Rate: ||| Range: ||||
R700 Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
Accur: ||| Dmg: ||||| Fire Rate: | Range: ||||
.50 Caliber Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle
Accur: ||| Dmg: |||| Fire Rate: || Range: ||||

Assault Rifles:
AK-47 Fully Automatic Carbine
Accur: || Dmg: |||| Fire Rate: || Range: ||
M16034 3-Round-Burst Carbine
Accur: ||| Dmg: |||| Fire Rate: || Range: |||
M4 Fully Automatic Carbine
Accur: |||| Dmg: || Fire Rate: |||| Range: ||

Sub Machine Guns:
Skorpion Fully Automatic Machine Gun
Accur: ||| Dmg: || Fire Rate: |||| Range: |
MP5 Fully Automatic Machine Gun
Accur: ||| Dmg: |||| Fire Rate: ||| Range: ||

Micro Machine Guns:
KAS-89 Fully Automatic Shock Gun
Accur: || Dmg: | Fire Rate: |||||x2 Range: ||
SR-556 Fully Automatic Shock Gun
Accur: || Dmg: || Fire Rate: |||||x2 Range: |||

Open to Suggestions

Anything you'd like me to add, I'll consider. Questions, concerns, comments and all are welcome. Wish me luck.

I tried to make the colors most appealing for your long read, if some of the yellow or darker colors are hard to read, please inform me so I can resolve this.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:02 pm 
Rank 2 - Terran Marine
Rank 2 - Terran Marine

seems interesting but 1 flaw is that china without the us would fall flat on there ass as there would be no economic trade going on thus self imploding china...yeah believe it or not America is less hated in china because they use us.evil china they got the world on there shoulders :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:42 pm 
Site Admin - Hyperion Captain

Is a map going to be made to go along with this?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:12 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

ILikeKillAndYou wrote:
Is a map going to be made to go along with this?

Yes, it will be a campaign, single player mind you, and several missions will be made, I'm expecting 2-3 for each charactor.

Also, Tyler, Chinese use over us goes along with their economic and unstable ways. You'll just have to play to find out if it makes sense to you, because it is going to have an in-depth and complicated story line.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:50 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

Update

Terrain
Map 1: 24% Finished
Map 2: 0%
Map 3: 0%

Storyline
Map 1: 58%
Map 2: 32%
Map 3: 47%

Personalities:
Whitely: 96%
Polansky: 89%
[Unknown Name]: 43%

Miscellaneous:
!!NEW WEAPON!!
Falling under the Sub Machine Gun class we have...
OriZx .32 Fully Automatic Machine Gun
Accur: ||| Dmg: ||| Fire Rate: ||| Range: ||||

Because I found this before regular Updating times, I'm adding it to this Update.

Assault Rifle Class Add-On
AK49-A4 Fully Automatic Machine Gun
Accur: ||| Dmg: |||| Fire Rate: || Range: ||||
OriZx .32:
AK49-A4

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Draft - Modern Time War Time Mod of StarCraft
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:18 pm 

I'm glad someone other than me took the initiative to make their own mod. As always, I am available for support.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:30 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

I think my biggest problem will be balancing, I've never used these types of weaponry.

By the way, for anyone wondering Micro Machine Guns is my custom weaponry class which have fire rate off the charts but damage that could barely kill a bug.
Kas 86 is a very weak gun but if you pump enough shots it'll get the job done
SR-556 is a moderate powered gun which will demolish if used in a one versus one.

Photos
Kas 86
SR-556

Profile E-mail