x4pointproductions.freeforum.ca

x4Point Productions - StarCraft Map Making And Modding Community
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:47 pm 
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat

KingOfAlex = Alex/KingOfShadows | Shadows = KingOfShadows = Alex

---

Oh yeah, by the way, I think it WAS pretty obvious that I would die first.

>.<

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The x4Point Mafia - Round 1 - Day 3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:53 pm 
Site Admin - Hyperion Captain

The sun sets over the town, and quiet ensues. In the small house that served as the mafia's hideout, the last mafia is working frantically. He is bent over a small metal object. Beside the mafia is an assortment of strange objects--including a screwdriver, a welding torch, several wires, a battery, a fuse, and the display from a digital clock. However, the most fearsome item there is a light-brown block of plastic explosive about the size of a clenched fist.

The mafia grunts and curses as he attempts to assemble the powerful bomb. He mutters under his breath,

"Attach this wire to the display...weld it here...connect it with the fuse...No! Curse!" he swears as one of the metal plates snap.

After many hours of struggling, the bomb is assembled. 3 feet long, 1.5 feet wide, and 2.1 feet high, it contains enough power to blow up a house. The mafia knows its power, and picks it up cautiously. He tests it for durability by tapping it with a hammer and punching it. Satisfied, he exits the house, carrying the bomb under his arm and with a flamethrower strapped across his back.

The mafia knows his target. Quietly, he sneaks up to
Diana's house and enters it through an unlocked window.

A homely sight greets his eyes--Diana is sitting at a small table, sipping a cup of tea and staring into space. She has not noticed the mafia in her house. Without hesitation, the mafia unbuckles his flamethrower, tucks the bomb into his coat and sneaks over to Diana. He abruptly shoves the flamethrower against the back of Diana's head.

Surprised, Diana whirls around, the cup of tea still in her hand, to face the barrel of a flamethrower. More by accident than by design, her quick turn around causes the boiling contents of her cup to splash right in the mafia's eyes.

The mafia yells in pain and staggers backward, rubbing at the scalding liquid in his eyes. While he is preoccupied, Diana runs to the front door and flings it wide open. Suddenly, she hears something whistle behind her; she turns around and sees a chair hurtling toward her. Before she has time to react, stars burst in her vision and she falls to the ground unconscious.

Three hours later, Diana wakes up with a bursting headache, confused and disoriented. She cannot command herself to move--and quickly finds out why. She is bound to a chair, with the mafia in front of her, silhouetted by the faint moonlight coming from the window.

The mafia, noticing his target awake, clears his throat and begins to talk.

"You shall die."

Diana struggles with the ropes binding her, but soon gives up. She replies:

"You wouldn't dare."

The mafia grins, and pulls out the bomb tucked into his coat. Diana's eyes grow wide at the sight of the deadly explosive, and resumes struggling against the ropes binding her, to no avail.

The mafia grunts, sets the bomb on the ground, and begins preparing the detonation sequence. Once he is done, he turns to Diana and says:

"I will make this simple. I will set the bomb to detonate in one minute; if you can escape by then, you are worthy of living. But if not...then you shall die."

With that said, the mafia stoops, pulls out a pair of pliers, and bends the metal fuse so it touches the detonator.

The bomb sparks into life, and its detonator begins drawing power from the internal battery. The display flickers and then shows "00:60". Sixty seconds.

The mafia makes a final, quick check over the bomb, winks at Diana, and exits through the front door. Once outside, Diana can see him sprinting for his life away from the explosion site. She struggles desperately against the ropes binding her, but still to no use. Precious seconds tick by as the inevitable draws closer.

Suddenly, when the bomb read 00:31, the impossible became possible. The ropes holding Diana prisoner snapped. No longer trapped, Diana sprang to her feet began running toward the door. Once she reached it, she desperately pushed against it, but found it locked. Her hope dying fast, she unlocked the door and pushed it again. No good. It was barricaded.

Resigned now, Diana searches for paper and pencil. By the time she has found them, the bomb's timer reads 00:15. She scrawls down a single message on the sheet of paper, and begins folding it into a paper plane. By the time the plane is finished, the bomb's timer reads 00:06. With the conviction of a doomed person, Diana runs to the window, smashes it open, and sends the paper plane flying out into the night--an undeniable piece of evidence written on its left wing.

The bomb explodes, blowing the entire house, and all its contents, to smithereens. The remaining townspeople rush to the scene of the explosion and can only gaze in awe at the still burning, charred remains, of Diana's home.

One of the sharp-eyed townspeople spots a burning speck of white nearby. He runs to it, and sees a paper plane. Realising that it is Diana's last message, he instantly grabs the flaming paper and smothers it with his hand, oblivious to the sharp pain. After several seconds, the flame dies out. However, its purpose was done. Diana's message had been burned away. All that remained of it was:

Spri-

** DAY 3 START **
By the way people, this day decides who wins the game. If the townspeople execute the last mafia, they win. If not, they lose.
------------------------------------------------------------------
*SUMMARY*
Diana(Townsperson) was killed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:08 pm 
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat

i died bravely, nothing less =D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:55 pm 
Rank 1 - Terran SCV
Rank 1 - Terran SCV

ok im just guessing for now. i really don't know. untill someone gives me a valid argument for why its not them, enzo dies.i have a 50% chance.

VOTE--ENZO

I like food.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:38 am 

[Vote Count]

Voter: Votee
BigTimePimpin: Zippy

Vote Count:
Zippy: 1

1 of 3 votes submitted.

Day 3 ends today, sometime in the evening. Not sure about the specific time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:16 pm 
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat

Im gona have to vote jorden

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 pm 
Rank 1 - Terran SCV
Rank 1 - Terran SCV
Random avatar

I vote jordan >.<

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:11 pm 

At the center of the town lies a large flat paved area, at the very center of which lies a fountain. This is the town square, and it is--was--a center of bustling activity.

Now, the square is empty, almost all its former occupants slain ruthlessly by the mafia.

The town shall never rise again. Its population is too diminished to survive, and hence, it will die. But there is still hope. Three people remain- Tanner[BisH], BigTimePimpin, and Zippy. One of these three is responsible for the deaths of many innocent people, but who?

The townspersons believe they have the answer.
BigTimePimpin is dragged into the town square, with Zippy standing over him, holding the same spear that KingOfAlex's head was once impaled on.

Zippy's mouth tightens. He believes that in front of him lies the last mafia. He raises the spear, and with decisive force, drives it straight through BigTimePimpin's skull.

He turns to the other remaining person next to him.

"It is done. The last mafia is dead."

Suddenly, the person shrugs off his coat, revealing a dark blue suit underneath. With astounding agility,
Tanner[BisH] draws out a razor-sharp dueling sword, and levels the point of the blade at Zippy's throat. He says:

"I wouldn't be too sure about that."

Moving quick as a snake, the mafia cuts Zippy's spear in two, leaving him unarmed.

Zippy is stunned. So all along, Tanner[BisH] was the last mafia! His resolve tightens. A burning fury fills him. He will avenge the deaths of the townspeople. Lunging forward, he grabs the pointed, bloody half of the spear, narrowly ducking a swipe from the mafia's sword. Warding the mafia off with the broken spear, Zippy dodges back into his house, punches through a wall, and draws out a concealed dueling sword much like Tanner[BisH]'s. He steps back outside, sword in hand, on the edge of the town square.

Several seconds pass, as each fighter regards the other. They are both competent swordsmen, but the question was, who would defeat the other?

Zippy steps forward. Suddenly, he lunges at the Tanner[BisH], sword outreached. Tanner[BisH] parries the lunge, their swords meeting with a shower of sparks. The mafia steps sideways, striking at Zippy's side, and feels his own sword clang against Zippy's as he parries the blow.

The final battle has begun, each person using all of their cunning and intellect, using the most complicated series of attacks they knew, masterfully flowing from one pose to another. Zippy scores a hit along Tanner[BisH]'s chest; in return, he lunges forward and nicks Zippy's arm. Engaged in a fiery dance of death, their forms both linked and seperated by the whirling blades, each learning about the other. At times they nearly touched, bodies only a hair's breadth away, before being separated by the clash of steel, only do be drawn in again.

Tanner[BisH] could never remember being in such a long swordfight. His arms grew tired; his sword felt like lead in his hand, and he became slower to react. His enemy drove him mercilessly backward, until he was pinned against the wall. Desperately, he lunged forward, only to once again be blocked. The end was near....

....Which is exactly what Zippy was thinking at that moment. As he blocked Tanner[BisH]'s lunge, he gathered what strength he had left and swung his sword, blade flashing in the light of the setting sun. Tanner[BisH]'s sword was knocked out of his hand, and he stood, defeated. It was over. The townspeople had triumphed. Zippy's vengeance was complete. He raised his sword for the killing blow.

Suddenly, Tanner[BisH] kicks Zippy in the fork of his legs, and quickly sprints away back to the edge of the square. He knows his time is short--his enemy will finish him soon. Unless...

Zippy's burning fury melts into desperation and hopelessness as he sees Tanner[BisH] pull a pistol from his coat. With his last vestige of strength, he lunges forward, sword point outreached. If the mafia shoots Zippy, then his momentum will send his sword point first into Tanner[BisH]'s chest.

Suddenly, the tables turn. Tanner[BisH] realizes what his enemy is trying to do, and steps aside from the charge. As Zippy rushes past him, he aligns his pistol with his target, and begins firing. Bullets whiz in the air as Zippy turns around and begins running back towards him. But he is too far.

A bullet connects with Zippy's hip, sending him crashing to the ground, the pain almost unendurable. Panting with the exertion, he rises and resumes charging toward the mafia. But his luck is gone; his end has come. A second bullet lodges into Zippy's chest, a millimeter below the heart. Then, a third bullet connects with Zippy's head, driving the life out of him. With a gasp, he falls to the ground, dead.

Tanner[BisH]'s chest heaves with exertion. The battle is over; he has won. He shoots Zippy in the head again to be sure that he is dead, then walks out of the town, leaving behind a trail of devastation and murder, a tale of how the brave townspeople fought against the force that sought to destroy them.

It is over.

MAFIA VICTORY

I'll post up the clue interpretations a bit later.
*SUMMARY*
BigTimePimpin(Townsperson) was killed.
Zippy(Townsperson) was killed.
Tanner[BisH] was the mafia.
The mafia won the game.

Round 2 will begin tomorrow, I think.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:24 pm 
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture

ILikeKillAndYou wrote:
It is over.
MAFIA VICTORY

*SUMMARY*
BigTimePimpin(Townsperson) was killed.
Zippy(Townsperson) was killed.
Tanner[BisH] was the mafia.
The mafia won the game.

Round 2 will begin tomorrow, I think.

EPIC WIN. GG. NICE WORK TANNER. WE WON THIS SHIZ :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :D :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The x4Point Mafia - Round 1 - Game Ended
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:34 pm 

Clue Interpretations

Day 1 Start

"It is night, 4:00 AM, a time when the night is old and the shadows appear."
This is a reference to KingOfAlex's battle.net name, which we all know is KingOfShadows.

Night 1 Start

"The sun is setting, elongating the shadows of everyone present and adding an atmosphere of anxiety to the scene."
Again, a reference to KingOfAlex.

"Ignoring the blade of the guillotine above him, he bravely calls out, 'Six! Fifteen!' "
This is more difficult. If you look at Tanner[BisH]'s profile, you can see it says that he joined the site on 06 June and that his age is 15.

Day 2 Start

"The sky turns dark, the stars come out, and shadows fade in the dim moonlight."
This one is rather obvious, no?

"Fearlessly, he walks to the door, and runs right into a man, clad in a dark blue suit."
This is a clue towards Tanner[BisH]'s avatar. In it, he is wearing a blue shirt. Although it is not dark blue, it would be too obvious if I simply said blue.

" ' 'Bout time you died anyway.' "
Reference to Tanner[BisH]'s signature. "Hell, it's about time."

Night 2 Start

"BigTimePimpin speaks to his brother, in a low, gutteral tone, noting a small brown tuft of hair on the nearby ground:"
Once again, a clue towards Tanner[BisH]'s avatar. He has brown hair.

Day 3 Start

"By the time she has found them, the bomb's timer reads 00:15."
15. You remember the last time I explained that number? Yeah, that's what I thought.

"By the time the plane is finished, the bomb's timer reads 00:06."
See above.

"Spri-"
Once again, if you look at Tanner[BisH]'s profile, it says he lives in Springfield, Missouri.

GG RE

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next