x4Point Productions - StarCraft Map Making And Modding Community
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Racism in Education
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:33 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

Lately I've seen a lot of sexist and racist teachers.

The other day a african american security guard caught me and my friend in the line looking at each other, thought we were talking and sent us to another african american teacher who thought the appropriate punishment was a detention. The only thing we said was my friend bumped into the back of my leg and said "Sorry" and the security guard was glaring at us for 5 minutes waiting for a peep and sent us to detention.

Sexism is also true. Last year, a teacher would constantly say the girls were amazing in the class and the boys once again "screwed up on the test" thats a quote of her exact words. Another teacher was yelling at 2 girls and she asked them if us (3 of my friends and I) influenced them to talk. The girls said "Yes." and with no further proof we were punished.

I'm sick of it. I'm just wondering if any of you are experiencing this.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:05 pm 
Rank 1 - Terran SCV
Rank 1 - Terran SCV
Random avatar

Our teachers are KINDA like that about sexism, but they're just kidding and they'll say "oh im just jokin' with yall"

The racism part...we only have like 1 black teacher so, lol.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:05 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

Well you're lucky because it seems black teachers are out to get us. Our black teacher's nick name is "Medusa"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:57 pm 
Rank 2 - Terran Marine
Rank 2 - Terran Marine

well mike i smile upon racism in school teaches u good moral fiber. LOL just jokin anyways there is a shitload at my school the name of the school is DIXIE our alamater is i wish i was in dixie and our logo is a white man with the moustache and cane like he owns a damn plantation he used to have more stuff but they had to change it up due to well...racism issues.look him up i dare ya lol.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:06 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

It pisses me off they think we can be punished over being a white boy. I mean imagine someone whos a super "nerd" and is taunted and attacked every day and they only have their progress in school to feel good about. No detentions then suddenly you're being polite and say "Sorry" to someone and it's off to detention. That could cause a lot of distress and questioning so whatever. I know I've taken what happened to me a little far by bringing it up to every teacher and totally rebelling from the shithole government that allows racist teachers to be hired.

Profile E-mail