x4Point Productions - StarCraft Map Making And Modding Community
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Pencil + Eye = a Trip to the Hosptial
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

Today at recess a friend of mine had homework to do which involved coloring, so he brought it with him at recess. I kept him company, messing with him sometimes but pretty much rooting him on to finish. I invite two other friends to come over and talk with us and we start messing with the drawing friend by grabbing his colored pencils and making him screw up.

Little did I know that while one of my friends was grabbing the pencil, they got into a struggle over control of the pencil. I looked over and I basically got impaled in the eye. My initial reaction was "Oh, didn't hurt, must not of been a big deal." Seconds later, my shock wore off and I was in extreme pain. Walking around cussing to myself and calling myself stupid for doing that. I decided that because I already went home four times this year, I'd tough it out.

Walking into my next classroom my teacher stopped me and asked if I had pink eye. I explained I had been poked in the eye by a colored pencil and she sent me to the infirmary. Angry and disappointed, I walked down and the nurse decided to be as slow as possible and make me wait for count 'em 42 minutes. Which is longer than our class period. I sat there with pus coming out of my eyes and anger building until I said "Screw it.", walked in and explained the situation.

She said that I probably had an abrasion in my eye and that I needed to go to the Emergency Room. As I grew with remorse she dialed my father's number and he immediately picked me up, disappointed with my 5th leave of the school. We drove quickly to the E.R. and we were greeted by my mother and we headed into the hospital room.

The doctors (after count 'em 2 and a half hours) confirmed that I had an abrasion and I was prescribed eye drops and told to take a special brand of painkillers for the intense waves of pain.

I guess the reason I'm writing this is not for you to feel sorry for me, (because I feel sorry enough for myself) but to have you realize how retardedly stupid this new medical plan is. If I had not barged my way into the infirmary, I would not have recieved care for at least another 20 minutes give or take. It took doctors 2 and a half hours to realize "Oh hey, there's somebody in there with an abrasion in his eye, maybe we should do something about that." They ended up charging us over 150 dollars for a crappy service and just a squirt of dye in my eye and a week supply of eye drops. It was completely in their power to see me, they had at least 6 nurses gossiping about "McDreamy Ph.D" or whatever, and yet no, lets let this guy squirm in pain from an eye injury.

Ah well... Tell me what you think.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:26 pm 
Site Admin - Hyperion Captain
Site Admin - Hyperion Captain

\facepalm

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:56 pm 
Rank 2 - Terran Marine
Rank 2 - Terran Marine

i dont plan the medical plan i blame people...the doctors sucked and clearly so did the nurses and yes the hospital bills ARE INSANE they want to save u so they can rape u slowly.

Profile E-mail