x4pointproductions.freeforum.ca

x4Point Productions - StarCraft Map Making And Modding Community
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:57 pm 
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat

sign me up

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The x4Point Mafia - Round 3 - Signups Open!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:03 pm 
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture

NauTii-Link wrote:
sign me up

YES!!! I didn't know that Link joined the site but I'm glad that he did! Now we have an extra townsperson (er civilian) to help! :D

ILikeKillAndYou wrote:
Special roles from SEN Mafia like the Detective require a much larger player base in order to not be completely rigged. Before any specialized roles like the Detective come in, we're going to need at least 10 players.

Well, doesn't the detective have the ability to learn the role of one person every night? That wouldn't sound rigged for our games since we only go through 2-3 nights, and even with 6-7 people, knowing 2 people doesn't help the absolute greatest to make it rigged at all. Or you could make it a 1-time-use. You also have to think about how anyone could easily lie and say they're the detective and accuse someone else of mafia. Then, the detective's power diminishes since no one is completely sure on who's telling the truth.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:11 pm 
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture

Can we start this already? lol

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:05 pm 
Rank 2 - Terran Marine
Rank 2 - Terran Marine

y the F*#! hasnt this started?? :wallbash:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:26 pm 
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat

i think ilkays waiting on tanner ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The x4Point Mafia - Round 3 - Signups Open!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:34 pm 
Site Admin - Hyperion Captain
Site Admin - Hyperion Captain

Smoke swirls in the air, as ILikeKillAndYou looks at the charred ruins of a Terran base. He grunts, and hefts his rifle. He glances at the clock inset in it. It reads 9:03 AM--early morning. All is quiet, as ILikeKillAndYou surveys the still burnt metal remnants for any survivors. Suddenly, something moves. ILikeKillAndYou growls as he cautiously approaches the source of the movement. He notices something. A blur in the air, almost like a heat haze, is present directly beside a considerably scrapped Barracks. But what was unusual about this haze was that the blur was moving towards him. Activating the sensor implanted in his right eye, he scans the area. The sensor glows blue momentarily while it performs a sweep of the nearby terrain. He sees a Dark Templar at the spot where the blur was. Quickly realizing what has happened, ILikeKillAndYou hefts his rifle.

This is no ordinary rifle--although it is shaped like the standard C-14 Impaler Gauss Rifle carried by the Marines, this particular rifle is far different. Its rounds are more potent, larger, move at a greater velocity, and cause small chemical reactions whenever they hit a target. His model is named the C-21 Executioner Gauss Rifle. Bragging aside, it is quite an efficient weapon.

Now, ILikeKillAndYou hefts this weapon, and points it at his target. He pulls the trigger, firing a stream of bullets at the Dark Templar, still approaching. Its shields flicker and flash as the bullets impact them.

ILikeKillAndYou retreats back, still keeping a steady rain of bullets impinging forth toward the Dark Templar. But no matter how long he holds the trigger, the Dark Templar's shields remain intact. Soon, ILikeKillAndYou must reload. Despite the hundreds of bullets he has expended, his enemy continues slowly advancing towards him. He quickly reloads. His enemy is near now--just 10.011 meters away, as his eye sensor informs him. Moving quickly, he barks a command into his helmet:

"Computer, inject Stimulation Packs. Standard dosage. No supplements."

The helmet beeps. Suddenly, a wave of adrenaline rushes over ILikeKillAndYou. He roars defiantly, hefts his gun, flicks the setting to Full Automatic, and fires away. Suddenly, the Dark Templar's shields crack. Then, they break altogether, shattering like so much sugar glass. He aims his gun, preparing to finish the elusive Dark Templar. It raises its arm, Warp Blade in hand.

Suddenly, he falls to the ground, impaled by a huge Warp Blade. The Dark Templar steps forward, and retrieves his blade from the fallen Terran. He curses. The Terran had broken his shields--he would need to restore them as soon as possible. Rushing forward, he quickly spots his target--the ruined Terran Barracks. The Dark Templar stretches his arm out, hand upraised. He mutters a few words--and a ball of dark energy begins to pool at the palm of his hand. Channeling the power of the Void, the Dark Templar scours the ruined Barracks for any sign of life, or survivors. Surprisingly, he chances upon a signal. There is someone alive here.

The Dark Templar mutters a few more words. The dark energy in his palm dissipates. Suddenly, the ruined Barracks-or what is left of it-seems to explode as all the pieces fly in every direction. But there is no explosion. Stepping forward, the Dark Templar quickly locates the source of the life signal--a bleeding, dying man. He checks the man's weaponry--a long, slender rifle with a laser pointer. He grunts. The man is a Ghost.

Working quickly, the Dark Templar invokes the power of the Void once more. As he releases the power, a miracle occurs. The dying Ghost's skin flows together, his cuts and injuries heal, and his armament's damage subsides and fades away. The Ghost rises. He sees the blur before him, and immediately realizes who saved his life.

"Thank you." he says.

In response, the Dark Templar shimmers slightly. Suddenly, it flickers into the visible spectrum.

"Do not be. You shall pay your thanks another way."

"What? How?"

"I require your aid in destroying the Terran Ion Cannon situated not a mile from here."

The revived Ghost considers the offer. On one hand, this Dark Templar has saved his life--a debt that he should pay. On the other hand, the Ion Cannon's operators are his fellow Terrans. He makes up his mind.

"Very well. I will help you. But let me tell you this; in order for us to bypass the defenses, we must pose as Terrans. Once we are in the Ion Cannon, it will be a simple matter to kill the crews inside and set the self-destruct."

"Agreed. Then let us go, Terran."

"Yes."

The two disguised Terrans enter the facility.

However, they are seen from a distance by the Ion Cannon's automated defenses. They are cleared as Terrans, and pass through unhindered. But the Dark Templar's psionic strength is proving to be a giveaway. The operators of the Ion Cannon know a Dark Templar is among them--but who is it?

* GAME START *

* DAY 1 START *
---------------------------------------------
*SUMMARY*
The game started.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:31 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

This all seems a bit pointless to me... But ok, we'll give the StarCraft thing a shot...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 pm 
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat

[quote="ILikeAndKillYou]...bullets aat the Dark Templar, still approaching.[/quote]

Two A's. :O

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:18 pm 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

Due to me leaving the site, I may miss out on the Mafia game. My absence can be abolished if Ilkay decides to stop being an over-sensitive power-abuser.

If this is the first you've heard my leaving, see thread "Pissed" in "The Site"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:22 pm 
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat

)= mike dont miss out

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next