x4pointproductions.freeforum.ca

x4Point Productions - StarCraft Map Making And Modding Community
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: x4Point Mafia Round 2 - Role List
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:12 am 
Site Admin - Hyperion Captain

This is a topic dedicated to the discussion of custom roles in the x4Point Mafia Round 2. The current role list is:

TOWNSPERSON - The average, ordinary townsperson. Each day, the townspeople vote to execute one player.
Has a 10% chance of dodging a hit. If a townsperson dodges a hit, his role is revealed.

MAFIA - They've invaded the town and they kill people. Each mafia gets one hit per night. The mafia know the identity of the other mafia and may not kill them, however they may vote to have a mafia executed, resulting in epic lulz.

VETERAN - The Veteran has a profound knowledge of tactics and strategy, and knows how to survive. He has 2 lives throughout the game. If the Veteran loses one of his lives, his role is revealed. He is otherwise a normal townsperson.

DEFENDER - The Defender has served in the army, and, much like the Veteran, knows a great deal about strategy and tactics. He also knows about defense and fortification. Also like the Veteran, the Defender is an otherwise normal townsperson.
Power: Fortify - For one night, the Defender may choose to fortify and barricade his house, and gain a 70% chance of dodging any hits placed upon him. In addition, he also gains a 10% chance to both dodge a hit AND reveal the attempted killer's role. If the Defender blocks a hit, his role is revealed. One use.

VIGILANTE - A town-aligned saint that hates the mafia and all they stand for. The Vigilante has a 20% chance of dodging mafia hits. Can only use one power per night.
Power: Smite - Kills one player. Unlike other hit powers, this Power can only be used in DAY. If the Vigilante uses this power, his role is revealed. One use.
Power: Guard - Protects one player from being killed by any hits for one night. Cannot guard self. Three uses.

The POTENTIAL roles that are up for debate are:

AVENGER - The Avenger is a town-aligned person that, at the start of the game, has one other player picked to be his "friend".
Power: Avenge - Should the player designated as the Avenger's "friend" be killed, the Avenger gets one hit the following night. One use.

GUILE - Town-aligned.
Power: Bribe - The Guile may rig the votes at the end of any one day against a player of his choice. He may only use his power once. If he kills a mafia, he remains unrevealed, is forgiven, and continues as a normal townie. If he kills a townsperson, he is discovered and lynched. One use.

Do note that I am open to suggestions for roles. If you would like to suggest a role, please do so here.
BE REASONABLE.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: x4Point Mafia Round 2 - Role List And Voting
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:43 am 
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture

ILikeKillAndYou wrote:
The POTENTIAL roles that are up for debate are:

DEFENDER - The Defender has served in the army, and, much like the Veteran, knows a great deal about strategy and tactics. He also knows about defense and fortification. Also like the Veteran, the Defender is an otherwise normal townsperson.
Power: Fortify - For one night, the Defender fortifies and barricades his house, and gains a 70% chance of dodging any hits placed upon him. In addition, he also gains a 10% chance to both dodge a hit AND reveal the attempted killer's role. If the Defender blocks a hit, his role is revealed. One use.

AVENGER - The Avenger is a town-aligned person that, at the start of the game, has one other player picked to be his "friend".
Power: Avenge - Should the player designated as the Avenger's "friend" be killed, the Avenger gets one hit the following night. One use.

VIGILANTE - A town-aligned saint that hates the mafia and all they stand for. The Vigilante has a 20% chance of dodging mafia hits.
Power: Smite - Kills one player. Unlike other hit powers, this Power can only be used in DAY. If the Vigilante uses this power, his role is revealed. One use.
Power: Guard - Protects one player from being killed by any hits for one night. Cannot guard self. Three uses.

Do note that I am open to suggestions for roles. If you would like to suggest a role, please do so here.
BE REASONABLE.

For the avenger, I'm assuming one hit means an instant kill? And also, don't you think that for the saint, 3 uses is a little excessive with only 6-10 people playing?

I also have ideas from the SEN mafia events.

ZOMBIE - The night after a Zombie dies (by any method), he may rise from the grave and kill a person of his choice. He may ONLY use this power the night after he dies and may only use it once. The zombie will not be revealed as a zombie until AFTER he uses (or chooses not to use) his power.

SAVIOR - When the Savior is still alive, he may sacrifice himself to revive 3 players of his choice, who will return to the town the next day. If the Savior is killed without his sacrifice, he may save himself. When he saves himself, he loses his sacrifice powers and otherwise functions as a normal townsperson. (Instead of 3 players, we could say 1 or 2 since we have less people.)

GUILE - The Guile may rig the votes at the end of any one day against a player of his choice. He may only use his power once. If he kills a mafia, he remains unrevealed, is forgiven, and continues as a normal townie. If he kills a townsperson, he is discovered and lynched. (Very tricky role, but awesome!)

No offense at all, but I'd like any of these 3 roles more than the others... :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am 
Moderator - Danimoth
Moderator - Danimoth

Optimist - Has an 80% chance of dodging by telling the mafia to "look at the bright side" This can only be used once and the Optimist functions as a normal townsperson otherwise.

Admin Edit: Role rejected.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:54 am 
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture

Stasis Blue wrote:
Optimist - Has an 80% chance of dodging by telling the mafia to "look at the bright side" This can only be used once and the Optimist functions as a normal townsperson otherwise.

LOL I like it.

One that I made up:

Batman (Name is negotiable) - Sacrifices 2 votes for 1 kill. This person would "pretend" to vote a certain way at first, but his vote would not be counted, and his role would be revealed. The next day, his vote would be ignored as well, and on the 3rd day, he'd get to kill someone. I like it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 am 
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture

ZOMBIE - The night after a Zombie dies (by any method), he may rise from the grave and kill a person of his choice. He may ONLY use this power the night after he dies and may only use it once. The zombie will not be revealed as a zombie until AFTER he uses (or chooses not to use) his power.

GUILE - The Guile may rig the votes at the end of any one day against a player of his choice. He may only use his power once. If he kills a mafia, he remains unrevealed, is forgiven, and continues as a normal townie. If he kills a townsperson, he is discovered and lynched. (Very tricky role, but awesome!)

I'm sorry Ilks, I couldn't choose one! But I like the Guile power the best if I HAD to pick...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:58 am 

Guile it is. Role added to votes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: x4Point Mafia Round 2 - Role List
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:45 pm 
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat

Proctologist- 70% chance of doging a hit because of the cunning and general knowledge of a doctor because they have been through all of med-school. they know where every vital point on the body is. And they have a 100% chance of giving the mafia a night to remember.The proctologist is stealthy and has the ablity to become invisible. But may only become invisible once in game so he must use it well. The invisiblity can be used whenever or against whoever. Which could also result in Epic LULZ.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:52 pm 
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture

Tanner[BisH] wrote:
Proctologist- 70% chance of doging a hit because of the cunning and general knowledge of a doctor because they have been through all of med-school. they know where every vital point on the body is. And they have a 100% chance of giving the mafia a night to remember.The proctologist is stealthy and has the ablity to become invisible. But may only become invisible once in game so he must use it well. The invisiblity can be used whenever or against whoever. Which could also result in Epic LULZ.

OH that sounds awesome. If I could kinda edit/add to that. I'll even change the name because it's totally different. Howabout... "Stealth". What if the "Steatlh" gets to use invisibility once on any day he chooses. For instance, he would PM the host of the game and say "I want to use my invisibility today." And the invisibility lets him 100% avoid any kills. BUT he has to tell the host he wants to use it BEFORE ANY votes are cast. In essence, he's insuring his safety before he's voted to die. I kinda like that. But Tanner's is very cool too.

ALSO, I'm very mad that Ilks isn't considering guile anymore. Can we have some democracy instead of this one-person-decides-all crap?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:54 pm 
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat
Rank 3 - Terran Firebat

Alex hes adding guile wtf are u talking about

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 pm 
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture
Rank 5 - Terran Vulture

No, he told me last night that he wouldn't be having a vote, and that he'd just decide the new role.

:x

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next